New Lawn Installations Using Seed Or Sod
We expertly install new lawns on residential and commercial properties.
Have you built a new home and want the property graded and a front and back lawn installed? Does your existing lawn have patchy, brown spots or signs of pest damage? Do you want your lawn to look its best for an upcoming event at your property? It takes a lot of expertise in getting grass to properly take root and grow into a healthy, vibrant, lush green lawn. It’s not as simple as laying down sod or throwing out some grass seed. There is a specific process that must be followed if you want the lawn to look its best.
Do You Need A New Lawn Installed?
- Do you need a new lawn for a new construction project?
- Is it time to renovate an existing lawn that is in poor condition?
- Do you want to improve your properties appearance and curb appeal?
- Does your lawn show signs of damage from pests or poor water management?
- Do you have an upcoming event coming up at your property and you want a beautiful lawn?
Malibu Nursery & Landscaping is a landscaping contractor based out of Malibu, CA, also serving the surrounding areas of Calabasas, Agoura Hills, and Westlake Village. We are experts at installing new lawns for our residential and commercial clients using grass seed or installing new sod. We start by grading your property and lawn area for proper drainage. From there, we prepare your lawn area with proper loam soil, and organize the installation of irrigation or sprinkler systems. We finish by carefully spreading the grass seed or rolling out the sod to provide you with a beautiful new lawn.
To keep your new lawn looking its best, we offer regular weekly lawn care services which include mowing, seasonal fertilizing and weed control.
Should You Use Seed Or Sod For Your New Lawn?
As experienced lawn care specialists, we field questions all the time about choosing seed or sod. It’s one of the most frequent questions we're asked by customers who want a new lawn.
The answer depends on three things:
- How do you plan to use the new lawn?
- What is your overall budget?
- Are you under a time constraint?
If you have kids or pets that frequently use and enjoy your lawn area then keeping them off the newly seeded area could be a problem. If that’s the case, sod is usually a better option. But keep in mind, installing sod is more costly than traditional grass seed. A new sod lawn will provide a green lawn within a day or two, and an even more beautiful lawn within a week or two of the installation. This is because at first you’ll see the visible lines from rolling out the sod. Then it takes a week or two for the grass to blend sufficiently. With grass seed, it will take several weeks before you have a beautiful lawn. Often, the cost savings with seed is not as much as you would expect. This is because it takes more time in final grading for grass seed as it's much less forgiving than sod.
If you’re on a time constraint, let’s say you’re hosting a big party or a special event like a wedding on your property, then sod is a much better, more predictable option.
How Our New Lawn Installation Process Works
We’ve installed many new lawns for new homes and property development in Malibu, CA. Our process for installing new lawns begins with an onsite consultation so we can understand all aspects of your property and discuss your vision.
- We start with our initial consultation, taking accurate measurements of your property.
- We assess the existing soil conditions, taking note of any grading or drainage issues.
- We install any required drainage and handle final grading.
- We bring in proper loam soil and spread as needed to ensure a uniform and level surface.
- If needed, we can install irrigation and sprinklers at the same time.
- We expertly spread out your grass seed or roll out sod.
- The end result is a beautiful, lush green lawn.
For most average sized lawns the entire process is complete in just 1-3 days. For larger residential lawns on estate properties, acreages, or commercial properties the process can take longer. The end result is always the same -- a beautiful, lush green lawn.
If you’d like to schedule a consultation with us to discuss your new lawn installation with seed or sod, we’d be happy to meet with you. Please call 805-905-1112. Or, fill out our online form and we’ll get right back to you.